A Freelancer’s Prayer
Each morning before beginning work, I say the following prayer in my office. I share…
I’m a Hoosier. Born and raised.
I’ve started my family here, and I’ve grown my business here. There’s a lot to love about this state, despite what you’ve recently heard from the media.
In this post, I thought I’d offer 17 reasons why you should love Indiana, too.
1. My Property Taxes are $1,500 Per Year – take that New York and California!
2. A Gallon of Milk Costs $1.99 (if you look hard enough)
3. People are Friendly and Polite
4. We’re Less than 3 Hours from a Bunch of Major Cities
5. Starting a Business Here Isn’t Too Difficult
6. State & Local Taxes are about 10% of Federal Taxes
7. We Care About Others
8. Most People Still Go to Church on Sunday
9. We’re Not Afraid of Hard Work
10. Our Speed Limits are Still 70 MPH on Major Highways
11. We Get to Experience All Four Seasons (although I dislike Winter sometimes)
12. Building a New Home Costs about $100 Per Sq. Foot (property included)
13. We Know the People Who Grow Your Food
14. We’ve Got Notre Dame, IU, Purdue, Butler, Indiana State, Rose-Hulman, and Many Others (including my own USI).
15. I Never Have to Rely on “Mass Transit”
16. People Wave When You Let Them Merge in Traffic
17. We Love America and Treasure Our Freedoms